Registers patients for out-patient, emergency room, or in-patient services. Coordinates activities with ancillary departments as necessary. Calculates charges, verifies insurance, and collects deposits as necessary. Prepares appropriate documents.
Patient Access Representative will facilitate a welcome and courteous environment, while establishing a positive encounter with any patient who is in need of services. Patient Access staff ensures that all data entry is accurate including procedural requirements, data elements, insurance verification, authorization for services, demographic and financial information for each account. Responsible for the successful financial outcome of all patient services to include collections for all patient portions including prior balances. Communicate effectively with patients and families, physicians, nurses, insurance companies and third party payers.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated advanced computer skills with various software programs, such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and other department specific programs
- Perform Mathematical calculations proficiently.
- Must be able to follow detailed instructions and perform repetitious tasks.
- Must be able to type 45 wpm.
- Must be able to interpret and analyze data.
- Computer basic keyboard skills, telephone skills and general knowledge of office machines including printers, copier, scanner, and credit card machines required.
- One year of experience in hospital registration or comparable position preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Knowledge if basic medical terminology preferred.
C. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications