Patient Access Rep - Admitting
CHRISTUS Spohn Hosp-South-25300
5950 Saratoga Blvd
Corpus Christi, TX 78414
Share This Job On
Apply Now Patient Access Rep - Admitting Job in Corpus Christi
Register patients for out-patient, emergency room, or in-patient services. Coordinate activities with ancillary departments as necessary. Calculates charges, verifies insurance, and collects deposits as necessary. Prepare appropriate documents.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated advanced computer skills with various software programs, such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and other department specific programs
- Perform Mathematical calculations proficiently.
- Must be able to follow detailed instructions and perform repetitious tasks.
- Must be able to type 45 wpm.
- Must be able to interpret and analyze data.
- Computer basic keyboard skills, telephone skills and general knowledge of office machines including printers, copier, scanner, and credit card machines required.
- One year of experience in hospital registration or comparable position preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Knowledge if basic medical terminology preferred.