Pastoral Care Manager - Clinical Pastoral Education
CHRISTUS Spohn Hosp-Shoreline-25100
600 Elizabeth St
Corpus Christi, TX 78404
Share This Job On
Apply Now Pastoral Care Manager - Clinical Pastoral Education Job in Corpus Christi
The Clinical Pastoral Education Manager is responsible for the effective leadership and management of the Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) Center and its students, programs, and processes in accordance with the Mission and Core Values of CHRISTUS Spohn Health System and Standards of the Association for Clinical Pastoral Education (ACPE) including recruitment, processing, interviewing and accepting applicants.MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the planning and development of the curriculum. Provides supervision, leadership, direction and focus for CPE students. Works collaboratively with other members of the Spiritual Care Department, particularly the Director of Spiritual Care, the Manager of Spiritual Care, clinical and ancillary directors, physicians, members of the CPE Professional Advisory Group, hospital and health system leadership and management.
- Supports CHRISTUS Health by assuming any other responsibilities that are mutually agreed upon to ensure the effective functioning of the CHRISTUS Health ministry.
- Master of Divinity or Masters of Theology.
- Supervisor or Associate Supervisor Certification through the Association of Clinical Pastoral Education (ACPE).
- Knowledge of the Standards and practices of ACPE and proven abilities in successfully administering a CPE program.
- Skills in organizing, writing and presenting reports and programs, including CPE student evaluations.
- Talent for establishing effective working relationships with health system Associates, Volunteers, Physicians, community clergy and seminary representatives.
- Provides effective pastoral/spiritual care and mentorship to students in the area.
- Works as a member of the interdisciplinary team to provide professional consultation and documentation regarding patient's spiritual needs and plan of care.
- Three to five years' experience as a CPE Supervisor and as a chaplain within a healthcare organization preferred.
- Previous Pastoral Experience.
- Denominational endorsement
- Chaplaincy Certification by the NACC, APC, or NAJC.