Paramedic PRN - Emergency Room
CHRISTUS Southeast Texas
Nursing & Nursing Support
CHRISTUS St Elizabeth-00600
2830 Calder Ave
Beaumont, TX 77702
Share This Job On
Apply Now Paramedic PRN - Emergency Room Job in Beaumont
The Emergency Department (ED) Paramedic is a certified and/or licensed paramedic and is part of the hospital's Emergency Department patient care team. Reporting to the ED Administrative Nursing Director or ED Clinical Nursing Director, the ED Paramedic collaboratively works in a complementary and assistive role with nursing. Under the direct clinical supervision of the licensed physician present in the same area or adjacent area, the paramedic provides assistance and performs procedures, and is authorized to provide advanced life support, administer medications and perform a patient evaluation of signs and symptoms based on their field skill sets. The ED Paramedic assists the nursing staff in providing patient care in accordance with training, competence and skill. He/she is knowledgeable of and follows all hospital policies and procedures. Consistently assists the patient care team with maintaining a clean, well-organized, adequately stocked and safe patient environment.
- High School Graduate or equivalent required
- Graduated from an accredited program/school for paramedics or successfully passed paramedic exam post-military service
- One year of experience as a Paramedic in a 9-1-1 or hospital setting required; 3 years preferred.
- Current certification as an EMT-P in the state of Texas
- Current BLS, ACLS and PALS Certifications
- NRP within 90 days of hire
Today, we are one of the largest, most advanced facilities in the CHRISTUS Health System and the only Magnet Hospital between Houston and Baton Rouge.
If you are looking to join a rapidly growing faith-based organization that encourages professional development, we want you to become a part of the CHRISTUS Health St. Elizabeth Family!