Velocity Care Youree
7045 Youree Drive
Shreveport, LA 71105
Share This Job On
Apply Now Paramedic PRN Job in Shreveport
The Emergency Department (ED) Paramedic is a certified and/or licensed paramedic and is part of the hospital's Emergency Department patient care team. Reporting to the ED Nursing Director or Nursing Manager, the ED Paramedic collaboratively works in a complementary and assistive role with nursing. Under the direct clinical supervision of the licensed physician present in the same area or adjacent area, the paramedic provides assistance and performs procedures, and is authorized to provide advanced life support, administer medications and perform a patient evaluation of signs and symptoms based on their field skill sets. The ED Paramedic assists the nursing staff in providing patient care in accordance with training, competence and skill. He/she is knowledgeable of and follows all hospital policies and procedures. Consistently assists the patient care team with maintaining a clean, well-organized, adequately stocked and safe patient environment.
- Completely operates patient monitoring equipment, records, rhythm strips, runs 12 lead EKGs, biomarkers and glucometer readings under the direction of the licensed physician.
- Performs phlebotomy, collects laboratory specimens as ordered and inserts saline lock, Foley catheter and nasal gastric tubes under the direction of the licensed physician.
- Assist in patient care, obtains and documents vital signs, provides patient hygiene, maintains clear and respectful communications with patients, families and the healthcare team.
- Demonstrates proficiency in setting up and performing procedures as delegated.
- Transports patients to radiology and nursing units (except ICU) utilizing appropriate transport and monitoring equipment.
- It is the responsibility of the Paramedic to comply with the Hospital's defined job description and competencies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Graduate or equivalent required
- Graduated from an accredited program/school for paramedics or successfully passed paramedic exam post-military service
- One year of experience as a Paramedic in a 9-1-1 or hospital setting required; 3 years preferred.
- Current certification as an EMT-P in the state of Texas
- Current BLS, ACLS and PALS Certifications
- NRP within 90 days of hire