The PACS Administrator will work to ensure efficient and effective operations of either the Radiology and/ or Cardiology depts. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to maintaining Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS), acting as a liaison in digital imaging initiatives with Radiology and/or Cardiology departments, overseeing and coordinating existing and participation in new PACS and digital imaging related initiatives, provide PACS support to all end users within assigned region. This position is exempt.
- Responsible for day-to-day operation of PACS equipment including image workflow,
- archiving, auto-routing, and pre-fetching and other related activities
- Works closely with Radiology and /or Cardiology dept. directors/managers to ensure timely
- and complete capture of DICOM digital image data into the PACS, as well as network
- Investigates, identifies, and assists in solving specific operational problems within PACS,
- working closely with unit operations managers, IM and/or vendors
- Troubleshoots and solves problems with PACS equipment prior to escalation
- Assists with development of operating standards, policies and procedures, related to
- PACS. Compiles and analyzes support data and recommends procedural and educational
- changes as appropriate related to PACS
- Acts as liaison between Radiology and /or Cardiology and other depts. related to PACS
- initiatives and procedures and assisting with new medical imaging endeavors both invasive
- and non-invasive
- Assists Director of Informatics with strategic planning for Radiology and/or Cardiology
- PACS related initiatives
- Coordinates PACS training and set up or all physicians/offices, nurses, techs and other
- end users as applicable. Manages training for all future staff and physicians using PACS
- Regionally leads all new Radiology and/or Cardiology related PACS upgrades,
- conversions, and implementations, coordinating with CHRISTUS IM, dept directors,
- physicians and vendors as appropriate
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with Health Informatics Associates.
- Works with all clinical disciplines and staff of all CHRISTUS facilities and regions.
- Rotate on-call schedule as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Healthcare or IT strongly preferred or 4 years clinical experience in lieu of degree.
- Must have two years of related health care experience
- PACS experience required
C. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications
- Valid Texas Driver's License