Outpatient Coder (Non-Remote)
CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic
105 Medical Plaza
Sulphur Springs, TX 75482
Share This Job On
Apply Now Outpatient Coder (Non-Remote) Job in Sulphur Springs
Responsible for maintaining current and high quality ICD-10-CM and CPT coding of all outpatient diagnoses and operative procedures. Accurately abstracts patient data into the CPSI/Evident computer system. Included in Outpatient coding are all Laboratory, Radiology, recurring Nursing Home, Outpatient Psych, Cancer Center, Clinic, Physical Therapy, and E/R visits. Verifies charges are correct on all Outpatient Accounts. Also codes some Inpatient Psych and Inpatient Rehab accounts. Accurately assigns appropriate modifiers to CPT codes. Enters accounts into Medical Records Hold when further documentation or charge corrections are required. Communicates with physicians regarding coding and sequencing questions in individual cases. Reviews medical records to assure accurate admit/discharge dates, and verifies all outpatient orders are signed with diagnosis. This includes assisting various departments with coding and charging issues, including Admitting and Patient Billing. Assists the Admissions Department with Medical Necessity issues and questions. Reviews all X-Ray, CT, and Ultrasound reports for diagnoses. Responsible for maintaining the unbilled accounts report on a daily basis. Assists in other areas of the department as requested.
- Accurately codes all diagnoses and procedures on all outpatient visits.
- Accurately abstracts all Outpatient codes into the CPSI/Evident computer system, including Lab, Radiology, Cancer Center, all Family, and Rural Healthcare Clinics, Physical Therapy, and Emergency Room visits and procedures.
- Verify all outpatient orders are complete with accurate diagnosis for test/procedure being performed.
- Work with held bill report for all outpatient visits and/or procedures.
- High school diploma or GED
- Completion of Accredited Baccalaureate Health Informatics or Health Information Management or an AHIMA approved Coding Certificate Program, preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work independently in a remote setting, with little supervision.
- Two (2) years of Outpatient coding in an acute care setting.
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) (AHIMA)
- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) (AHIMA)
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) (AHIMA)
- Certified Coding Associate (CCA) (AHIMA)
- Certified Coding Professional (CPC) (AAPC)
- Certified Outpatient Coder (COC) (AAPC)