OR Clinical Educator
CHRISTUS Central Louisiana/St. Frances Cabrini
Registered Nurse (RN)
CHRISTUS St Frances Cabrini-40100
3330 Masonic Dr
Alexandria, LA 71301
Share This Job On
Apply Now OR Clinical Educator Job in Alexandria
The Clinical Educator is responsible for the development, facilitation and evaluation of clinical education programs and learning opportunities for all Surgery staff. Responsibilities include the orientation of all newly hired staff, including participation in the evaluation process. Responsible for the implementation of perioperative training courses. Accountable for documentation of staff competencies. Must be able to work independently and collaboratively as a part of a team. Knowledge of computers and related software preferred.
Action Oriented -- Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
Collaborate -- Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Customer Focus -- Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Nimble Learning -- Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
Demonstrates Self-Awareness -- Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
Communicates Effectively -- Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Decision Quality -- Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- MIDAS reports
- Sentinel events
- Consultation with other members of management team
- Document educational program attendance Evaluate and update annual staff competencies
- Ensure departmental compliance with all required competencies
- Plan and schedule in-services.
- Develop an orientation program for all levels of newly hired staff
- Evaluate experiences and competencies of orientees
- Document progress through probationary period
- Participate in the initial probationary evaluation of orientees
- Prepare preceptors for new orientees
- Ensure perioperative training course materials are current according to AORN standards Ensure didactic classes are completed
- Monitor preceptors and orientees throughout clinical experiences
- Ensure orientee progress is documented appropriately
- BSN required (MSN preferred)
- Three to five years experience in the OR required
- Three to five years experience teaching adults preferred
- Current Louisiana Nurse Licensure
- Current BLS Card
- CNOR Certification required