Ophthalmic Tech Lead - Health Park Plaza - Eye Care Center
CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances
CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances HealthPark Plaza
Share This Job On
Apply Now Ophthalmic Tech Lead - Health Park Plaza - Eye Care Center Job in Tyler
The Lead Certified Ophthalmic Assistant will be responsible for daily patient care and flow of pod activities. Must be able to assist the Ophthalmologist in scribing, obtaining medical records, performing preliminary eye function testing and explaining to patients about medication or procedures. Position requires a good understanding of general Ophthalmic practice and patient care, however, knowledge of retina anatomy and diseases are a plus. Must have the ability to assess common safety hazards and take precautions to establish a safe work environment required. Ability to communicate with patient, co-workers and supervisor is critical. Must be willing to help in all areas and understand the need for efficient use of time.
- High school diploma/GED; some college preferred
- Certified Ophthalmic Assistant (COA)
- Accurately perform: Refractions, Lensometry, Keratometry, Tonometry, Visual Fields, OCT, Amslers, Muscle Testing, Pupil exams, Topography
- Previous experience or training in this or similar position.
- Ophthalmic Scribe Certification (OSC), Registered Ophthalmic Ultrasound Biometrist (ROUB), Certified Diagnostic Ophthalmic Sonographer (CDOS) and/or Ophthalmic Surgical Assisting (OSA) is preferred.
- Successful completion of JCAHPO Certified Ophthalmic Assistant or Technician requirements.
- BLS (Must obtain at hire if not already acquired)
- Intermediate typing and computer skills
- Knowledge of basic office equipment.
- Strong understanding of ophthalmic anatomy and pharmacology.