This position is responsible for performing the necessary support functions as they relate to the daily operations of CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic. These functions necessitate the use of tact, diplomacy, discretion and judgment. The Office Assistant position also requires excellent customer service, organizational and interpersonal skills. Performs a variety of clerical and administrative functions and leads and guides activities of assigned clerical staff.
- Coordinates day to day activities of assigned clerical staff, including training and work allocation/scheduling.
- Provides input into performance evaluations.
- Maintains flow of patient check-in, verifies demographic and insurance information and enters into computer database. Assures that paperwork in patient chart is accurate
- Assists with answering phones, taking messages and assisting with patient and staff inquiries.
- Responds to CBO requests for patient account corrections and/or maintenance, in a timely manner.
- Schedules appointments for patients in accordance with physician guidelines.
- Post charges, payments and adjustments into computer timely and accurately, displaying accuracy in coding.
- Collects time of service payment amounts; collects prior balance amounts
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diplomacy or GED, some college preferred.
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- 3 or more years medical office experience.
- ICD9 &CPT coding (advanced skills)
- Experience with charge posting or collections preferred
C. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications: