CHRISTUS Central Louisiana/St. Frances Cabrini
Rehab - Physical/Occupational/Speech Therapy
CHRISTUS St Frances Cabrini-40100
3330 Masonic Dr
Alexandria, LA 71301
Share This Job On
Apply Now Occupational Therapist Job in Alexandria
The Occupational Therapist has the responsibility and accountability for assessing, planning, evaluating and implementing care for pediatric patients referred for outpatient developmental occupational therapy. Occupational Therapist is responsible for adhering to all standards of the Occupational Therapy Practice Act as they apply to providing technical therapy care, supplies, equipment and interventions for the pediatric patient population.
According to department's Scope of Practice, this position requires providing services to the pediatric population as defined by ages 0-18 years of age, in a manner that demonstrates an understanding of the functional/developmental age of the individuals served.
Customer Focus -- Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Communicates Effectively -- Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Decision Quality -- Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
Collaborates -- Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Nimble Learning -- Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
Demonstrates Self-Awareness -- Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
Goals -- Completes quarterly goals
Delivering the Mission - Performs duties as defined in this job description and demonstrates mastery of role.
- Completes and documents initial assessment/care within required time frames.
- Performs, reassessments/care at intervals as required or appropriate to the patient's needs.
- Ensures physical assessment/care includes all major developmental functions.
- Ensures spiritual assessment/care includes actual/expressed needs.
- Incorporates cultural and ethnic factors into assessment/care.
- Establishes long and short term goals.
- Timely reporting of weekly progress in interdisciplinary staffing and outcome measures.
- Establishes presence of consent/order prior to treatment/procedure.
- Uses computer system(s) appropriately.
- Documents in the medical record according to policy/procedure.
- Documents daily and monthly progress notes.
- Turns in daily charge sheet within 24 hours after treatment.
- Submits Patient Care Log-Timesheet timely on biweekly basis.
- Completes documentation of outcomes within 7 days after admit and 7days after discharge.
- Practices Standard Precautions in patient care activities.
- Practices appropriate disease specific isolation as required.
- Demonstrates good hand washing
- Complies with the fingernail policy
- Wears PPE when applicable.
- Identifies and documents patient/family educational needs upon initial assessment and thereafter.
- Identifies barriers to learning.
- Provides and documents teaching based on identified needs.
- Teaches at a level of understanding related to the pt/family member's level of education.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of instruction provided.
- Assessment and teaching incorporates cultural and ethnic factors.
- Assessment and teaching incorporates functional needs.
- Initiates a developmentally appropriate assessment process with patient and family upon assignment within a prompt, efficient timeframe.
- Conducts chart audits for accuracy and adequate documentation as directed.
- Visits and interviews patient and communicates with families when present or necessary.
- Re-evaluates and modifies the plan of care, based on the patient's response to the interventions and reporting timeframes.
- Ensures proper orientation of new therapy associates.
- Ensures competencies and licensure are current.
- Takes appropriate action to address patient needs and issues as they arise during the course of care.
- Demonstrates sound clinical judgment in decision-making regarding patient care.
- Demonstrates empathetic and positive attitude when working with patients.
- Communicates effectively with associates, physicians and allied health team.
- Coordinates therapy care with other disciplines involved.
- Involves other health team members, as necessary.
- Actively participates in 50% of departmental in-services and meets with manager for information missed in other meetings as documented on sign in sheet.
- Allows for privacy and modesty in the provision of care.
- Identifies self by name and title to patient/family.
- Reports suspected cases of abuse/neglect, if identified.
- Understands role of, and how to access, the Ethics Committee.
- Completes Department Specific Annual Competency Checklist.
- Obtains necessary training prior to initial equipment use.
- Assures equipment is in operating order prior to use.
- Differentiates between patient complications and equipment malfunction.
- Uses medical equipment in accordance with manufacturer's operating guidelines.
- Participates in performance improvement process.
- Master's degree preferred
- English required, bilingual preferred. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Proficient understanding of typical versus atypical child development
- Pediatric experience preferred
- Current Louisiana OT License. Current BLS Card