Nurse Extern Summer Program Job in Lake Charles
Under the supervision and/or direction of the Registered Nurse, the Nurse Extern II performs various direct patient care activities in accordance with the Nursing Department policies and procedures. The Nurse Extern II is able to assist with the care of hospitalized patients. The Nurse Extern II may be assigned other functions in accordance with hospital/department policies, procedures, and protocols.
Summer Extern Program:
- Purpose: To assist in preparing nursing students to be practice ready utilizing academic-practice partnerships.
- Work and learn side by side with front line nurses
- Gain valuable hospital experience
- Education comes first, self scheduling available
- No contracts; competitive hourly compensation
APPLICATION DEADLINE: FRIDAY, MARCH 31ST
INTERVIEWS: FIRST WEEK OF APRIL
SUMMER PROGRAM START DATE: MONDAY, MAY 15TH
Currently enrolled in a nursing program to obtain either an associate degree or bachelor’s degree to become a registered nurse.
Must have completed their first hospital clinical rotation and be in good standing in the nursing program
Proficient in basic nursing tasks.
Provides updated transcript at beginning of semester.
Six (6) months experience in patient care preferred.
AHA BLS required within 2 weeks of employment.
Per Diem As Needed