Nurse Extern II- PRN
CHRISTUS Central Louisiana/St. Frances Cabrini
Nursing & Nursing Support
CHRISTUS St Frances Cabrini-40100
3330 Masonic Dr
Alexandria, LA 71301
Nurse Extern II
Job Code: 000020
Under the supervision and/or direction of the Registered Nurse, the Nurse Extern II performs various direct patient care activities in accordance with the Nursing Department policies and procedures. The Nurse Extern II is able to assist with the care of hospitalized patients. The Nurse Extern II may be assigned other functions in accordance with hospital/department policies, procedures, and protocols in accordance with the Louisiana Nurse Practice Act for Nursing Students working as unlicensed personnel.
Customer Focus -- Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Communicates Effectively -- Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Decision Quality -- Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
Collaborates -- Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Nimble Learning -- Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
Demonstrates Self-Awareness -- Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
Goals -- Completes quarterly goals
Delivering the Mission -- Performs duties as defined in this job description and demonstrates mastery of role.
1. Life threatening situations are readily identified and reported to the R.N. Initiates and assists with basic life support when needed.
2. Observes/reports unusual symptoms to the nurse, i.e., abnormal V/S; IV site redness; edema; suspicious areas of skin breakdown accurately and promptly.
3. Reports patient/family related problems, i.e., patient's dissatisfaction/refusal of nursing care routines; departure from activity advancements or restrictions.
4. Demonstrates a working knowledge of aseptic/sterile technique. Follows standard precautions.
5. Records information accurately and promptly. Reports change in patient's condition and/or vital signs.
6. Assists with laboratory specimens, i.e., collection or delivery.
7. Complies with timekeeping system. Accrues no unexcused absences, and no more than three unscheduled absences.
8. Uses supplies and equipment appropriately documents use in the medical record and records charges appropriately.
9. Participates in 80% of prescribed in-service programs and departmental meetings. When unable to attend (20% max) follows up to obtain information discussed.
10. Follows hospital and/or unit policy for dress and personal hygiene.
11. Follows necessary safety precautions, hospital policies, and departmental policies.
12. Completes infection control, safety, and other assigned education.
13. Follows hospital policies and/or departmental rules.
14. Follows the CHRISTUS Health Guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI).
15. Contributes to a supportive and healthy work environment.
16. Associate timely completes all required educational assignments.A. Education/Skills