Network Engineer II
CHRISTUS System Office
CHRISTUS Information Mgmt-79100
10002 Rogers Run
San Antonio, TX 78251
Share This Job On
Apply Now Network Engineer II Job in San Antonio
The Enterprise Network Engineer II - (ENE II) is a strategic position providing the highest level of technical skill and expertise in Network Engineering as well as a tactical position involved with the execution of Networking operations. The ENE II provides expert level of technical skill and expertise in the area of managing and maintaining data and voice networks. This position has extensive technical knowledge and experience in operational maintenance, availability, capacity planning, and monitoring of critical Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Network (WAN), Access Networks and Network Forensics. Additionally, this position mentors the ENE I position and is responsible to review plans/designs for existing and new network installations and project work.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or related field or equivalent experience (8 years) required.
- Extensive technical knowledge of Local Area Networks, Wide Area Networks (WAN) and Access Networks to include: Experience designing and implementing converged networks which should include the following: IP, ASE & AVPN Technologies, Gigabit Ethernet, VoIP, and Wireless-based technology.
Ability to design enterprise network routing architectures using protocols such as OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, RIP and static routes.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot complex multi-vendor network issues in the LAN and WAN enterprise networks.
- Knowledge of Quality of Service, IPSec, Multicast and load balancing techniques are also essential.
- Experience with one or more of the following models is desired:
- Cisco routers/switches, Cisco Firewalls, Content Load Balancer and VPN
- Network Forensics, Packet Analyzers
- Wireless Technologies
- Knowledge of local and wide area networking on multiple platforms: Windows, Unix, Linux and VMware; network protocols and routing; network, server, and host operating systems; IP networking, internet and intranet technologies; email, groupware, office automation and collaboration technologies; voice and/or data communications; voice and/or data networking; Windows desktop OS; server hardware, software, and administration.
Nexus 9K data center switches
- Catalyst 9K LAN switches
- Cisco VSS, StackWise, StackWise Virtual
- Familiarity with Cisco wireless technologies and Wireless LAN Controllers
- Policy-based Routing (PBR)
- Deep level experience troubleshooting and designing networks using the following routing protocols
- EIGRP, eBGP, OSPF, route-maps, route filtering, prefix-lists
- HSRP, VRRP
- STP design and troubleshooting
- Shaping, Policing Network diagramming tools (Visio or Lucidchart)
- A total of eight (8) years of experience in large corporate systems environment with a wide variety of Information Management systems, networks and technologies required.
- Minimum of (8) years of experience in network engineering, design, implementation and support of large scale LAN and WANs.
- Prior experience in a health care systems environment is a plus.
- One or more of the following certifications required: Cisco CCIE, CCNP, CCDP