Provides comprehensive nursing care for assigned patients under the direction of a physician. Follows established nursing standards, procedures and practices, and gives patient care directions to nursing and other staff. Evaluates outcomes of direct patient care and consults with other specialists as required. Adjusts nursing care processes as indicated to ensure optimal patient care. Arranges for patients' ordered diagnostic and therapeutic services. Monitors and ensures accuracy of recording on patient medical records. Provides preventative health care services to long-term patients and arranges consultations and referrals. Performs physical exams, and may prescribe and recommend treatment and drugs.
- Graduate of a State Board and/or NLN accredited School of Nursing.
- Graduate of a State Board and NLN Accredited Advance Nurse Practitioner program.
- State certification required; national certified preferred.
- Master's Degree required.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills to communicate with diverse populations including physicians, employees, patients and families. Leadership skills to direct others toward the successful treatment of patients. Analytical skills to evaluate patient status and healthcare procedures/techniques and to monitor quality of care. Fiscal skills to monitor and control costs and revenue. Ability to conceptualize, develop and implement new ideas or systems. Able to exercise sound judgment and discretion while performing duties.
- One year full time post licensure clinical nursing experience required.
- Advanced Nurse Practitioner experience preferred
- Current license to practice professional nursing in the State of Texas required.
- Current certification to practice as an Advance Nurse Practitioner in the State of Texas required.
- Certification as Nurse Practitioner by the American Nurses Association preferred.
- CPR -- within two (2) weeks of employment. ACLS preferred.
- Computer Competence -- within four (4)weeks of employment
Today, we are one of the largest, most advanced facilities in the CHRISTUS Health System and the only Magnet Hospital between Houston and Baton Rouge.
If you are looking to join a rapidly growing faith-based organization that encourages professional development, we want you to become a part of the CHRISTUS Health St. Elizabeth Family!