3PM - 11PM
MLT, Medical Lab Technician - Athens
CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances
CHRISTUS TMF Athens Emergency Care and Imaging Center
Share This Job On
MLT, Medical Lab Technician - Athens Job in Athens
Performs clinical testing in assigned section/s such as general laboratory, Blood Bank and Microbiology sections, with all duties necessary for accurate and timely results including quality control, performance improvement, proficiency testing, and preventative maintenance of equipment. Recognizes abnormal critical values and follows proper guidelines for notifying medical team members of results. Performs clerical, general, and phlebotomy duties related to daily operations in the laboratory. Provides/dispenses blood products as requested by medical staff.
- Meets expectations of the applicable OneCHRISTUS Competencies: Leader of Self, Leader of Others, or Leader of Leaders.
- Ensures that the company philosophy and core values are evident in the service delivered to customers.
- Specimen Collection/Handling/Processing– obtains blood specimens via venipuncture and/or fingerstick, accurately identifies and labels appropriately; answers pneumatic tube system; follows procedures for processing and testing specimens, including operating various centrifuges; obtains other designated patient specimens as listed in procedure manuals.
- Result Reporting – recognizes errors or improbable results and takes appropriate action; reports critical values per Policy and Procedure; performs tests within established timeframe; performs laboratory testing, if designated, in the following sections: Hematology, Urinalysis, Coagulation, Chemistry, Special Chemistry, ER Stat Lab, and Microbiology; performs blood bank procedures, including crossmatching, ab id’s, and dispensing of blood products; operates laboratory automated analyzers according to established procedures.
- Performs, analyzes, and records QC according to Policy & Procedure following CLIA, CAP, AABB, and JCAHO guidelines; performs and records Performance Improvement indicators and reports results.
- Performs established daily and periodic preventative maintenance with documentation; troubleshoots minor problems and initiates service calls as needed; orders (or notifies assigned associate) and restocks supplies/reagents; reviews policy & procedure manual; dates reagents and discards expired reagents.
- Takes responsibility for seeking and achieving professional growth and continued education.
- Assists in training new associates and students in Laboratory practices.
- Follows CAP, AABB, Compliance, CLIA, JCAHO, and OSHA standards.
- Follows established protocols for safety, infection control, security, compliance, and the use of hazardous materials.
- Utilizes LIS and HIS computer systems appropriately to perform, charge, and report laboratory results.
- Completes annual competency assessment successfully and by assigned date.
- Associates Degree or higher in clinical laboratory science or medical laboratory technology from an accredited institution or equivalent laboratory training and experience meeting the requirements defined in the CLIA regulation 42CFR493.1489
- No experience required for graduates of a clinical laboratory training program approved or accredited by NAACLS, or other organizations approved by HHS.
- Six Months of approved clinical laboratory experience, which must include a clinical rotation through the following sections of the laboratory: Blood Banking, Microbiology, Chemistry, and Hematology, Immunology, and Urinalysis/Body Fluids in the U.S. or with an accredited laboratory within the last 5 years. (This meets the AMT MLT eligibility requirement)
- Must possess Certification for MLT from ASCP, AMT, AAB, or HEW/HHS.
- If certification with an expiration date is held, the certification must be maintained and kept current.
- New Graduate that is Board Certified or eligible (must complete Board Certification in 1 year of hire, Louisiana excluded)
We now have RECRUITER ON DEMAND to enhance your candidate experience.
If you want to talk to a recruiter NOW and it’s Monday-Thursday 9:00am to 3:00pm, please click the link below! We would love to tell you more about this position.
Microsoft Teams meeting
Join on your computer, mobile app or room device
Meeting ID: 217 337 565 548
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.