In support of CHRISTUS Health evidence-based clinical improvement efforts, clinical data collection, and use, the MIDAS+ Care Management System, Education Specialist will provide tool expertise, including clinical workflow standards, training, data management, and reporting for the MIDAS+ Care Management System (MIDAS). The Education Specialist must design, build and interpret standardized reports for the system and regions that drive solutions for case management, clinical quality, and patient safety issues; and help implement clinical improvement solutions, as indicated. In addition, the Education Specialist will develop training programs and materials to improve clinical operational efficiency and effectiveness. The incumbent will stay up to date with federal and state laws and regulations and incorporate relevant changes to keep in compliance with regulatory requirements. This position will work closely with system and enterprise-wide clinical leadership (physician, case management, quality, risk, and nursing) to provide MIDAS+ education based on a solid understanding of stakeholder needs from the MIDAS+ product. The Education Specialist will act as a liaison between the clinical staff and other departments regarding the data and capabilities of the MIDAS+ tool. In addition to the analysis of MIDAS+ data, the Education Specialist will work across departments to leverage additional internal and external information for analysis of clinical information in determining trends and recommending strategies for improving patient care. This role will provide expert application knowledge, design of training materials, project implementation and report development to support directives of the Clinical Excellence Division.
- Primarily responsible for the design and implementation of MIDAS+ user training programs and materials in collaboration with system Health Outcomes and Analytics and case management stakeholders across CHRISTUS Health regions. Provides ad-hoc in-person and/or webinar training sessions for new, existing users and report writers. Creates and updates training manuals and resources.
- Primarily responsible for developing and conducting periodic audits and special studies to evaluate the appropriateness, effectiveness, and competency of personnel trained; monitors level of performance and prescribes follow up action if necessary. Prepares, reviews, and audits the data collected for accuracy and completeness.
- Creates and manages new Midas+ builds including, modules, dashboard indicators, focus studies, RDE's and electronic scorecard metrics to monitor, manage, measure and communicate clinical outcomes to staff, physicians and management team members. Fulfills ad-hoc report requests and develops reports, as needed.
- Works closely with clinical teams to identify significant variances in care, preparing and presenting reports to help resolve and minimize variances through effective consultation and coordination with clinical teams, management, staff, and physicians.
- Supports site preparation for accreditation, review processes and provides documentation to regulatory agencies as required. Follows regulatory, including HIPAA, CMS and state guidelines as they relate to information systems and related processes.
- Assists in maintaining system table/dictionaries and ensures they meet the requirements of leadership, ministries, and information systems, driving data governance and consistency in reporting.
- Serves as the resource liaison between the Health Outcomes and Analytics and Information Technology Departments with ancillary departments, physician, and patient care areas for the coordination and implementation of MIDAS+ as related to patient care, including incoming requests and prioritization of project queue and resources.
- Manages and delivers on expectations around project activities, timelines, deliverables, outcomes, etc.
- Works with the clinical and technical teams to prepare data to support key clinical processes including hospital performance, clinical productivity, key performance indicators, and operational improvement.
- Manage reports and dashboards to support projects and functions in collaboration with others.
- Assumes responsibility in collaboration with Health Outcomes and Analytics Midas System Administrator for the successful training and implementation of MIDAS+ in all ministries and regions.
- Bachelor's degree required; a Master's degree in Health Science Management, Healthcare Informatics, Business Administration, or related field preferred.
B. Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Three to five years working experience in MIDAS+ Care Management System
- Ability to design and implement an educational plan and provide teaching.
- Experience auditing and drilling down large quantities of data and experience with data mining techniques/procedures desired.
- Demonstrated experience in discussing/evaluating data with all levels of leadership, as well as teaching peers and developing standardized action plans for process improvement.
- Ability to present complex information in an understandable and compelling manner.
- Ability to adapt quickly to rapid change and to manage multiple priorities from multiple stakeholders.
- Handles multiple and potentially conflicting assignments, demands and priorities to meet deadlines.
- Treats everyone with respect and professionalism at all times in all interactions, both written and verbal.
- Ability to travel within the health system to various corporate offices, ministries, and other non-acute care facilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Access, PowerPoint, and Excel)
C. Licenses, Registrations or Certifications:
- Certification in MIDAS+ Care Management System preferred
- Clinical experience preferred