Medical Records Abstractor- Primary Family Medicine Clinic
CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic
CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic Hill Country Landa
Share This Job On
Medical Records Abstractor- Primary Family Medicine Clinic Job in New Braunfels
The Abstractor reviews/audits patient medical files and abstracts (i.e., extracts) key data and information. The details extracted are then entered into electronic files. The Abstractor will may also transfer data from one EMR to another with electronic or paper files.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of medical terminology desirable.
- Word processing and computer experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate well.
- Must be very organized with the ability to perform multiple tasks in a busy environment.
- Professional medical records documentation and writing skills preferred.
- Ability to operate 10 key calculators by touch, telephone, computer, copier, and fax machine.
- Ability to type 40 wpm preferred.
- Graduate from an accredited program for Medical Assistants preferred.
- Prefer one-year work experience, preferably in a medical office setting.
- Certified by the American Association of Medical Assistants preferred.
- Current CPR certification preferred.
- Knowledge of ICD9, CPT and HCPCS coding and managed care contracts is desirable.