Performs clinical testing in the general laboratory, in addition to Blood Bank and Microbiology sections, with all duties necessary for accurate and timely results including quality control, performance improvement, proficiency testing, and preventative maintenance of equipment. Recognizes abnormal critical values and follows proper guidelines for notifying medical team members of results. Performs clerical, general, and phlebotomy duties related to daily operations in the laboratory. Provides/dispenses blood products as requested by medical staff.
- MLT (ASCP eligible), MLT (AMT) or eligible
- Associates degree in Medical Technology
- 6 months clinical internship/training
- Phlebotomy, Microscope skills, blood cell identification skills
- Word processing
- Laboratory Automated Analyzers
- Ability to work under pressure and in stressful situations