Performs duties under supervision of a Physician. Interviews patients, measures vital signs and records information on patient's charts. Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients. Drapes patients with covering and positions instruments and equipment. Hands instruments and materials to a doctor as directed. May operate x-ray and/or EKG equipment. Cleans and sterilizes instruments.
- High school graduation or GED.
- Previous private office experience preferred.
- Current BLS certification.
- Knowledge of ICD9, CPT and HCPCS coding and managed care contracts is desirable.
- Current CPR certification and has completed a formal medical assistant training course.