8:00AM - 5:00PM
Manager Resident Activities LTC
CHRISTUS System Office
CHRISTUS St Joseph Village-69100
1201 E Sandy Lake Road
Coppell, TX 75019
Share This Job On
Apply Now Manager Resident Activities LTC Job in Coppell
Develops and implements an organization's programs. Assesses needs and ensures that program objectives are met. Coordinate activities of program committees and/or other groups to plan procedures.MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan and implement activities in the following categories: physical (exercise), social, recreational, intellectual/educational, creative, entertainment, religious, service/volunteering and special requests of the residents.
- Organize and facilitate a committee of residents and community members to work on issues of planning for activities and volunteer needs.
- Facilitate socialization among residents.
- Invite and/or remind residents to participate in planned activities.
- Promote activities in a way that piques residents' interest.
- Chaperone activities outside the facility.
- Conduct/Lead activities as needed.
- Train, support and instruct other staff members to conduct activities.
- Complete the activity assessment in collaboration with Resident Services Coordinator for each resident within one week after move-in. Update annually.
- Provide input for the resident assistance plan and volunteer plan.
- Plan, coordinate and help implement decoration of the facility for special events, seasons and holidays.
- Identify and requisition needed supplies for planned activities.
- Coordinate with the kitchen food needs for scheduled activities.
- Assist with planning and implementing marketing events that promote the facility to potential residents.
- Assist in the development of a newsletter.
- Maintain a schedule for the company vehicle.
- Maintain a schedule for use of the common areas.
- Arrange transportation for activity outings and regularly scheduled group trips.
- Drive the company vehicle for resident activities and appointments, if necessary.
- Identify areas within the facility or activity program that could benefit from the support of volunteers.
- Identify and contact local organizations that could benefit from the talents of residents.
- Develop policies and procedures for utilization of volunteers.
- Maintain a list of volunteer positions needed.
- Write position descriptions for identified positions.
- Recruit specific volunteers to meet facility needs.
- Recruit resident volunteers to meet the needs of the facility and other organizations in the community.
- Train and supervise volunteers.
- Establish and carry out a regular resident/community volunteer recognition program.
- Accept on-call responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
- Carry out other duties as assigned by supervisor to ensure operation of the program to meet the residents' needs.
- Oversees entire facility.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Experience in activity planning with older adults preferred
- Experience and interest in working with older adults
- Experience in volunteering
- Evidence of creativity
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Mature, pleasant, friendly and cheerful personality
- Clean driving record (verified by MVR) and willingness to drive company vehicle to transport residents