The Rehabilitation Services Manager manages the operation of health rehabilitation programs for the medical facility. Consults with medical and professional staff of other departments and personnel from associated healthcare fields to plan and coordinate patient rehabilitation. Assures productivity and financial goals are met.
- Degree in Physical Therapy, Speech Pathology, or Occupational Therapy.
- Demonstrate ability to problem solve and be supportive/innovative in the process of change, strong human relations skills with an ability to handle difficult/sensitive issues.
- Excellent written/oral communication skills.
- Oversight of clinical programming in the facility.
- Accountable that all areas of Therapy Services meet accreditation standards of TJC and CARF and are continuously ready for survey.
- Additional duties may include participation in space and equipment planning, participation in strategic planning for the department, planning for growth in the non-acute settings, and execution of those plans.
- Ability to integrate and interpret data from diverse sources, addressing issues of moderate to high complexity.
- An ability to develop strong relationships with customers.
- Demonstrate facilitation skills with a working knowledge of CQI tools and techniques.
- Additional duties are assigned.
- Three to five years of therapy management within a healthcare organization preferred.
C. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications
- Licensed to practice PT, OT, or SLP in the state of Texas. If an SLP, Certificate of Clinical Competence is required.