8AM - 5PM
CHRISTUS System Office
CHRISTUS Corp Irving Offices 919 and 909 Buildings
919 Hidden Ridge
Irving, TX 75038
Share This Job On
Apply Now Manager Procurement Job in Irving
Under general supervision of the VP of Construction and according to policies and procedures, coordinates the purchases of materials, supplies and equipment for the construction department within the CHRISTUS System. Conducts analysis of operations, quality, cost, service, specifications and other factors in order to recommend vendor selection and product standardization for all regions. Maintains contact with vendors, sales representatives and departments in order to standardize supplies. Continually reviews literature on product development.
- Consistently supports the hospital’s Spirit of Serving Standards, in line with the Mission, Vision and values of CHRISTUS Health.
- Follows the CHRISTUS Guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI)
- Promotes a culture of safety for patients and Associates through proper identification, proper reporting, documentation and prevention of medical errors in a non-punitive environment.
- Supervises and monitors work of Project Management team relation to product purchases.
- Reviews and analyzes the coordination and workflow for respective team and recommends changes that will result in a more efficient processing of work.
- Ensures requests are processed in an accurate and timely manner and vendors meet all terms of purchase agreements.
- Provides Management Reports on Strata, Infor and AP in accordance with VP’s instructions.
- Manages and coordinates central office activities related to Strata, Infor and AP.
- Obtains and analyzes a variety of products and service - identifies and directs towards GPO/Corporate/Local agreements or recommends/negotiates based on information to include specifications, price, payment terms, availability, contractual arrangements and service requirements, guarantee Coverage and so forth.Determines “Best Buy” based upon analyses of the above Criteria and CHRISTUS operations.
- Remains cognizant of major developments within assigned areas and hospital purchasing by reviewing advertising literature, trade magazines and other periodicals.Regularly informs VP of relevant developments and ensures availability of related written materials.
- Maintains regular contact with Project Managers, vendors and other sales representatives in order to evaluate and review goods, services and deliverables.
- Documents cost avoidance/improvements via cost impact studies and submits reports as requested
- Coordination of all FFE for system wide projects from PO to deliverables.
- Maintenance of all FFE system wide project budget reports.
- Maintains database of all contracts and purchase orders.
- 4-year degree or equivalent experience required
- Four years buying experience in Medical/ related field.Experience in leading efforts towards measured outcomes and a familiarity with a wide range of hospital equipment preferred.Contract and negotiation experience.
- Interpersonal skills necessary in order to communicate with vendors and deal effectively with a wide variety of hospital associates and physicians.Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail. Analytical skills necessary in order to compare price and quality to products and services.