Manager HIM Coding - Trinity Clinic
CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic
1001 E. S.E. Loop 323
Tyler, TX 75701
Share This Job On
Apply Now Manager HIM Coding - Trinity Clinic Job in Tyler
The CHRISTUS Health Coding Manager is considered a system support position that provides leadership, support, and direction, for the Director of HIM/Coding Operations and the coding staff. Coding Managers works collaboratively with system Revenue Cycle, the facility Health Information and Records Services departments, Patient Access Teams, Patient Financial Services, Shared Services, Case Management, Physicians, hospital leadership and management. The Coding Manager is responsible for supporting compliance with CHRISTUS standards and directives, the American Health Information Management (AHIMA) and American Hospital Association (AHA) coding rules and guidelines, and other regulatory requirements including CMS, the Joint Commission, and HIPPA standards related to HIM operations. As a Manager, this position ensures that Coding operations are standardized, meet regulatory requirements, and support optimal department performance to support hospital operations and revenue cycle initiatives. This position performs timely monitoring and analysis of HIM coding operations to ensure performance objectives are met to support quantity and quality. This position is expected to maintain effective professional relationships as appropriate to instruct, share ideas, and implement actions related to coding functions and improvements. This position monitors and reports KPIs as determined by the System Director of HIM.POSITION QUALIFICATIONS Education/Skills
- Bachelor degree, medical record science or medical record administration preferred or equivalent hospital leadership experience required.
- Must have extensive knowledge of health information management functions including coding and compliance (ICD-10/PCS, CPT coding systems, MS-DRGs, and APCs).
- Must possess a strong working knowledge of internal integrity requirements and procedures.
- Knowledge of governmental, federal, state and local regulations related to billing rules and compliance.
- Knowledge of healthcare industry financial statistical indicators.
- Must possess strong analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Must have strong knowledge of common office software applications including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.
- Minimum of five(5) year's experience in a medical record department of a mid-large inpatient facility including three(3) year's in a coding management capacity
- Experience with a centralized staffing model preferred
- Experience with remote workforce operations required
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), preferred
- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT), or
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS)