Manager Ambulatory Clinical Apps Informatics FT/40HRS
CHRISTUS St. Vincent
490A West Zia Rd
Santa Fe, NM 87505
Share This Job On
Apply Now Manager Ambulatory Clinical Apps Informatics FT/40HRS Job in Santa Fe
Under general direction from Director of Clinical Applications, the Manager of Acute Clinical Applications is responsible for planning, organizing, and improving operations through standard management practices, providing ongoing training and support of installed applications, and communicating clients' functional requirements to technical staff. The position provides leadership in best practices to establish work priorities and to plan, direct and monitor project work. Experience and judgment is used to plan and accomplish goals. The position will gather and evaluate information concerning a user's conceptual needs; coordinate and participate in analysis/design activities; ensure system changes are fully tested; ensure users are fully trained and prepared, and associated guideline and procedure requirements are met; and coordinate implementation of the changes
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in relevant field required. Four years of relevant experience may substitute for Bachelor's degree.
CERTIFICATION/LICENSES: Epic Proficient or Certified status in one module preferred.
- Demonstrated professional competency skills in healthcare management and information systems
- Strong communication, presentation, leadership, analytical and problem solving skills required. Ability to articulate and convey information in a calm and confident manner
- Ability to lead and manage through influence and change.
- Ability to effectively lead and manage people, processes and technology.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other productivity tools, and assigned applications and technologies preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organization and planning skills
Six (6) years of experience in an information technology discipline or healthcare clinical operations; with one (1) of six (6) years of experience in IT leadership role.
Clinical experience preferred.
NATURE OF SUPERVISION:
-Responsible to: Director of Clinical Applications
-Direct Reports: Ambulatory clinical applications analysts, Patient Portal Coordinator, Laboratory application analysts
The position provides support in a 24/7 environment which may include rotating on-call support duties during off hours, weekends and holidays. May be required to travel to perform duties. May be required to work outside of normal working hours during on-call rotation or during significant outages or due to project demands. May be required to work long hours during critical problems or due to project demands.
Blood borne Pathogen A
General office setting with exposure to computer room environment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to lift and transfer objects typically not in excess of 50 lbs. Extended use of video display terminal and keyboard utilizing sound ergonomic principals.