5 DAYS - 8 HOURS
CHRISTUS System Office
CHRISTUS Corp Irving Offices 919 and 909 Buildings
919 Hidden Ridge
Irving, TX 75038
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Manager Accounting Job in Irving
The Regional Accounting Manager is responsible for the integrity, accuracy and completeness of accounting records and processes for their assigned region of CHRISTUS Health. The Regional Accounting Manager supervises a team of 6-12 lead, senior and staff accountants, depending on the size of the assigned region. The Regional Accounting Manager reports to a Director of Corporate Accounting. The Regional Accounting manager's responsibilities include supervision and review of the month-end close process, monthly balance sheet account reconciliations, and identification and communication of non-standard transactions occurring within the region to ensure proper accounting treatment. The Regional Accounting Manager is expected to work closely with financial leadership within their assigned region, develop professional working relationships, and respond timely to requests from the field. The Regional Accounting Manager supervises the creation of preliminary month-end reports for use in the month-end financial review during close, and the development of material variance explanations. The Regional Accounting manager is expected to work closely with other Regional Accounting Managers to identify and share best practices and assist in the standardization of accounting processes and reporting throughout CHRISTUS Health. The Regional Accounting Managers also provide support to regional financial management and corporate financial reporting in the development of annual budgets and other projects that may arise pertaining to their region. The ability to communicate effectively with all types of people is critical. Timeliness, accuracy, and the ability to prioritize multiple processes and meet critical deadlines are essential.
- Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of completion of monthly balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Ensure the completeness and accuracy of month-end journal entries in connection with month-end close.
- Prepare preliminary and final financial and statistical reporting to regional financial management, including variance analysis.
- Coach/mentor lead, senior and staff accountants to help them improve the quality of their work and develop their careers.
- Ensures that all deadlines are met consistently.
- Drives change to incorporate best practices and improve processes.
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in accounting or finance.
- Advanced computer and spreadsheet skills required, primarily consisting of Word and Excel.
- Detail-oriented Critical thinker who challenges the way things have always been done to look for opportunities for improvement and efficiencies.
- 5-10 years of relevant accounting experience, consisting of either public or private accounting.
- Previous supervisory/management experience is preferred Experience with Meditech general ledger accounting system and Hyperion (HFM) consolidation tool a bonus.
- CPA strongly preferred