Qualified candidates will provide professional nursing care under supervision for clinic patients, according to the established standards and practices; and perform various lab and radiological tests and procedures when necessary. Assist provider in examination and treatment of patients and administer medications safely to patients, while managing patient flow.
Job Duties Include:
* Assisting doctors and other medical staff with a variety of medical responsibilities as directed by medical supervisor
* Demonstrating exceptional service to patients, families, referral sources and co-workers and other customers.
* Reading, analyzing, and interpreting general medical charts and instructions
* Performing routine clerical duties assigned, including but not limited to locating patient charts, filing and the completion of routine forms
* Maintaining a clean and safe environment.
* Maintaining flow of patient check-in, verifying demographic and insurance information database.
* Assisting with answering phones, taking messages and assisting with patient and staff inquiries.
* Responding to business office requests for patient account corrections and/or maintenance, in a timely manner.
* Scheduling appointments for patients in accordance with physician guidelines.
* Performing other duties as assigned
* Completion of an accredited school of vocational nursing is required.
* Must be licensed in the State of Texas as a Licensed Vocation Nurse.
* CPR Certification (American Heart Association or American Red Cross)
* Must have the ability to work with an electronic health record (EPIC is preferred).
* Type (30 WPM), data entry, 10-key.
* Requires the ability to work in a fast paced work environment.
* Candidates will possess good analytical, interpersonal, problem solving, and decision making skills
* Must have strong verbal and written communication skills