LVN Transfer Center
CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances
CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital Tyler
800 East Dawson Street
Tyler, TX 75701
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now LVN Transfer Center Job in Tyler
The CHRISTUS Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) is responsible for evaluating, coordinating, processing, screening, and documentation of patient transfers into the CHRISTUS Health System. The CHRISTUS Transfer Center LVN will collaborate with relevant business partners for appropriate level of care and transport of patients into the CHRISTUS Health system. The CHRISTUS Transfer Center will be responsible for obtaining appropriate medical and demographic information and coordinating communication between the referring and receiving physician as well as between healthcare facilities. The CHRISTUS Transfer Center LVN will efficiently engage appropriate departments in the transfer process and will work under the supervision of the CHRISTUS Transfer Center RN.
The CHRISTUS Transfer Center LVN will utilize problem solving and customer service skills to determine the best course of action for the patient, the physician, and the hospital by working closely with facility House Supervisors, referring physicians, ED and inpatient staff to ensure the effective and efficient transfer of every patient.
This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission of CHRISTUS Health. It is expected that the associate demonstrate behavior consistent with the Core Values. The associate shall support CHRISTUS Health’s strategic plan and the goals and direction of their Performance Improvement Plan (PIP)
- Completion of accredited LVN nursing program
- Exceptional customer service skills required to effectively manage call center / transfer center calls and meet customer service expectations.
- Ability to prioritize, problem solve and multi-task in a potentially high stress environment is required.
- Three to five years clinical experience in an acute care hospital required (critical care or emergency department preferred
- Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications
- Current BLS required
- Current LVN License in state of employment or compact required