Responsibilities of this LVN role is to ensure efficient and consistent spirometry testing for all pediatric asthma patients. This nurse will assist providers in maintaining a well-controlled asthma diagnosis that allows the patient and their families to fully and safely participate in all activities of daily living, reduce the number of ER visits and hospital admissions. This nurse will float to all 4 pediatric locations to provide services to all pediatric providers.
Duties will include::
- Identify asthma patients and schedule appropriate testing.
- Perform Spirometry testing for Pediatric patients
- Complete basic vital signs for each visit.
- Provide ongoing education to patients and families.
- Identify patient goals to help achieve well-controlled asthma.
- Provide regular assessment of patient and family's knowledge of skills, meds and provider instructions.
- Assist with completion of asthma action plans for schools.
- Point of contact for patient calls with regards to asthma symptoms.
- Point of contact for external referrals and labs for asthma patients.
- Graduate from an accredited school of practical nursing or vocational nursing.
- Valid state license to practice nursing.
- Current BLS certification.
- Previous medical office experience preferred.