CHRISTUS Central Louisiana/St. Frances Cabrini
Nursing & Nursing Support
CHRISTUS St Frances Cabrini-40100
3330 Masonic Dr
Alexandria, LA 71301
Share This Job On
Apply Now LPN 5-North Job in Alexandria
Performs the function of a Licensed Practical Nurse, under the direct supervision of a registered nurse in planning and implementing nursing care for patients as assigned. Is responsible for adhering to all Standards of Nursing Practice, as they apply for managing supplies and equipment under the direction of the charge nurse.
Action Oriented -- Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
Customer Focus -- Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Communicates Effectively -- Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the
unique needs of different audiences.
Decision Quality -- Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
Collaborates -- Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Nimble Learning -- Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures
as learning fodder.
Demonstrates Self-Awareness -- Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal
strengths and weaknesses.
Goals -- Completes quarterly goals
Delivering the Mission -- Performs duties as defined in this job description and demonstrates mastery of role
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:1. Observes the physical, psychosocial, spiritual, cultural, functional, high risk and discharge needs of the patient and family.
- Performs, observations/care at intervals as required or appropriate to the patient's needs.
- Ensures physical observations/care includes all major body systems.
- Ensures spiritual observations/care includes actual/expressed needs.
- Incorporates cultural and ethnic factors into observation/care.
- Uses computer system(s) appropriately.
- Documents in the medical record according to policy/procedure.
- Complies with incident reporting and notification requirements.
- Attends/reviews department staff meetings for information.
- Re-evaluates and modifies the plan of care, based on the patient's response to the interventions.
- Communicates the plan of care to members of the nursing team.
- Prioritizes and delegates patient care activities based on patient assessment and staff capabilities.
- Demonstrates sound clinical judgment in decision-making regarding patient care.
- Assists RN in management of emergencies
- Reports significant changes in patient condition to RN promptly.
- Communicates effectively with physicians and health team.
- Coordinates nursing care with other disciplines involved.
- Actively participates in multidisciplinary care conferences
- Allows for privacy and modesty in the provision of care.
- Identifies self by name and title to patient/family
- Reports suspected cases of abuse/neglect, if identified.
- Understands how to access the Ethics Committee and their role.
- Understands actions, side effects, contra-indications of drugs.
- Follows five "rights" of medication administration.
- Adheres to medication policies, practices and standards.
- Administers medication, intravenous therapy and fluid management only under physician order and guidance.
- Assists RN with IV medication administration.
- Obtains necessary training prior to initial equipment use.
- Assures equipment is in operating order prior to use.
- Uses medical equipment in accordance with manufacturer's operating guidelines.
- Reports potential equipment/user error incidents to RN.
- 6 months recent inpatient experience preferred.
- Current Louisiana LPN License
- Current BLS