Literacy Center Instructor- PRN
CHRISTUS Southeast Texas
Education & Training
GC Our Daily Bread-06601
Galveston, TX 77550
Share This Job On
Apply Now Literacy Center Instructor- PRN Job in Galveston
Teach English as a Second Language to students who are not native to the language by assessing each student's current level of English proficiency and develop lesson plans to help students become successful.
- Consistently supports the Mission, Vision and Values of the CHRISTUS Literacy Center. Understand and employ CHRISTUS philosophy in all communications and services, along with the following:
- Promote harmony within the work environment as evidenced by good rapport with coworkers, volunteers and students.
- Demonstrate stewardship of the CHRISTUS Literacy Center.
- Presents self consistently in a professional manner.
- Demonstrate the ability to educate students creatively while achieving desired results and goals.
- Complete all Healthstream (HLC) modules on or before due dates.
- Instruct students following an English as Second Language (ESL) curriculum for Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced students.
- Prepare weekly lesson plans for Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced students.
- Instruct students in the computer lab using the Rosetta Stone program or approved computer program for Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced students.
- Attend all CHRISTUS Foundation for HealthCare required meetings and retreats.
- Perform other work related duties as assigned.
- High School diploma with 2 year Associate Degree preferred. Proficient computer skills with basic computer application knowledge and working knowledge of the Rosetta Stone Language learning curriculum.
- 2 years minimum of educational classroom experience
- Past or present Educational certifications a plus.