Licensed MHP/ LCSW/LPC for Glenmora School base Health Center
CHRISTUS Central Louisiana/St. Frances Cabrini
Non-Profit Social Services
CHRISTUS St Frances Cabrini-40100
3330 Masonic Dr
Alexandria, LA 71301
Share This Job On
Apply Now Licensed MHP/ LCSW/LPC for Glenmora School base Health Center Job in Alexandria
The Social Worker/LPC / Mental Health Professional plans, organizes, and implements services for students and families, utilizing individual and group work and referencing community resources as needed.
Per the Departments Scope of Practice, this position requires providing assistance in social services to students in a manner that demonstrates an understanding of the functional/developmental age of the individuals served. The associate must be able to effectively work independent of direct supervision. This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission of CHRISTUS St. Frances Cabrini Hospital. It is expected that the associate demonstrate behavior consistent with the Core Values. The associate shall support the CHRISTUS St. Frances Cabrini's strategic plan and the goals and direction of their Performance Improvement Plan (PIP).
Action Oriented -- Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
Collaborate -- Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Customer Focus -- Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Nimble Learning -- Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
Demonstrates Self-Awareness -- Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
Communicates Effectively -- Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Decision Quality -- Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:1. Provides psychosocial services within the scope of social work for student and family. 2. Develops an individualized treatment plan to include identified problems/diagnosis, intervention, and focus of treatment. 3. Plans a pertinent program that will provide maximum benefit for each student. 4. Ensures confidentiality on all interviews. 5. Documents in student record according to policy and procedure.
6. Utilizes resources to assist student in receiving services needed for functional life style.
7. Documentation reflects treatment plan utilizing appropriate ICD 9 code description.
8. Demonstrates ability to appropriately handle child abuse and suicidal situations following established protocols and documentation requirements.
9. PERFORMS ACTIVITIES TO ENHANCE SOCIAL WORK PARTICIPATION.
10. Maintains knowledge of current/new community resources.
11. Presents or facilitates speakers on educational topics related to psychosocial preventive health issues in the classroom.12. Attends all health center advisory meetings and staff meetings. 13. Functions as a consultant to school personnel in matters concerning psychosocial needs of the students. 14. Acts as a psychosocial liaison between the school, parents, community, and other mental health agencies. 15. Participates in chart review/audits or other performance improvement activities. 16. Networks with other SBHC mental health providers to problem solve on psychosocial issues. 17. DEMONSTRATES KNOWLEDGE OF MENTAL HEALTH SPECIFIC POLICIES AND PROCEDURES AND THE ABILITY TO COMPETENTLY PERFORM QUALITY PATIENT CARE. 18. Completed unit specific annual competency checklist. 19. Attends hospital or SBHC in-services to maintain current knowledge on related issues 20. Enhances professional development through participation in educational programs, current literature, local and state programs, and health center policies and procedures. 21. Initiates contact with SBHC Administration for advanced training on topics related to health center functions. 22. Maintains appropriate continuing education as required by license. 23. Participates in staff meetings and mental health in-services. 24. Provides in-services on information obtained through professional seminars to other providers.
- Masters Degree in Social Work/counseling or related field is required. Actively pursuing supervision and certification within a three-year period of hire date.
- At least two years of experience, working with adolescence preferred
- Current BLS Card or obtains within 6 months of hire.