Apply Now Lead Tax Accountant Job in Irving
This position is responsible for assisting with CHRISTUS Health federal and state tax compliance processes and government grant reporting functions for CHRISTUS Health. Thorough understanding and knowledge of federal and state tax reporting is required and understanding of A-133 accounting principles.
- Responsible for the preparation of state sales tax reports and federal excise tax reports, tracking and reporting of government grants, and the collection and verification of information provided outside accountants for the preparation of federal and state tax returns for not-for-profit and taxable entities.
- Assist the Director of Tax and Grant Reporting with the collection of information for Forms 990, 1120 and 1065 and assist with education for CHRISTUS Health associates regarding tax reporting requirements and tax issues identified applicable to CHRISTUS Health,
- Assist the Director of Tax and Grant reporting through the occasional preparation of CHRISTUS Health tax returns, including the annual Forms 990, 720, TD-F 90.22-1, 1120 and 1065 and related state returns.
- Provide tax support/information to CHRISTUS Health Corporate Controller and other Corporate Accounting/Finance Managers as needed.
- Preparation and gathering of information related to filings of sales tax returns and unclaimed property filings.
- Special projects as requested by Director Tax and Grant reporting or Corporate Controller.
- Continual focus on process improvement for tax compliance and government grant reporting.
- Assist the Director of Tax and Grant Reporting by gathering and monitoring CHRISTUS Health System A-133 grants and state grants to ensure that each grant is in compliance with the audit standards required and working with outside auditors in connection with annual A-133 audit
- BS/BA in Accounting or Finance required
- Strongly prefer at least 2 years of prior experience in a CPA firm environment, in a tax role.
- Tax compliance and/or consulting experience in regard to taxable corporate entities (Form 1120 and Form 1065 experience.)Prior tax-exempt experience preparing Form 990 is a plus.
- Responsible for calculating and preparing tax extensions, estimated payments and responding to federal and state tax notices. Prior experience with a combined Texas Margin Tax return is also a plus.
- Ability to analyze, research and interpret tax issues, document and communicate findings.
- Must be self-motivated, capable of taking initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing priorities, and effectively manage deadlines.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and have strong rapport with the executive team, colleagues, and subordinates.
- Strong communication skills with internal and external customer base.
- Solid business acumen.
- Previous work experience demonstrating knowledge of general policies and procedures followed in an accounting/tax department.
- Good Excel Spreadsheet experience (including pivot table) will be needed.
- Experience with Thomson Reuters tax software products (GoSystem, InSource, OneSource, etc.) is a plus.
- CPA preferred