Leads and guides the work of all lab assistant staff. Assists with training including phlebotomy, waived testing, and processing specimens. Assists regional lab leadership with performance improvement and quality assurance. Performs the duties of a lab assistant at the Regional Lab Sites as scheduled, including specimen collections, maintaining lab records and reports, and inventory. Receives, processes and prepares specimens for testing or transportation as needed in order to maintain sample integrity. Enters orders into the EMR for reflex testing.
Greets all patients and visitors using AIDET/iCare standards and protocols.
Performs waived and some moderate testing, including: evaluation of QC performance and troubleshooting as necessary. Performs required cleaning and maintenance procedures.
- Phlebotomy certificate
- High school diploma or GED
- 1 year of phlebotomy/lab assistant experience
- Knowledge of phlebotomy and general lab procedures
- computer skills and data entry
- knowledge of lab and medical terminology, thorough understanding of phlebotomy's relationship to the lab department, providers and the clinic.
- Customer service and organizational skills as well as being able to multi task.