Lab Assistant - Certified
CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances
CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital Tyler
800 East Dawson Street
Tyler, TX 75701
USView On A Map View Other Locations
Share This Job On
Lab Assistant - Certified Job in Tyler
Provides assistance in Laboratory with equipment and supplies.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Cleans and maintains laboratory equipment and glassware.
- Maintains and distributes laboratory supplies.
- Packages laboratory biohazard waste for disposal following established standards and practices.
- Maintains laboratory coat supply
- Must be a high school graduate or have a GED
- Formal phlebotomy training in a Medical Assistant Program or other hospital or military based program
- Minimum of 1 year experience; can be substituted for the 6 week certified clinical training program
- Works with computers, printers, multi-line phones.
- Must be knowledgeable of related tests for which blood is drawn, care of blood specimens, and procedures in blood collection.
- Must be aware of type and amount of blood needed for various tests.
- Must be able to perform venipuncture and capillary punctures.
- Must be able to perform a number of clerical and computer-related functions.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with professional staff and public.
- Must be organized and multi-tasked oriented.
Current Associate? Click here to applyNot ready to apply? Join our Talent Pool