CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
SRHC Shared Services-30600
11212 State Highway 151
San Antonio, TX 78251
Share This Job On
Apply Now Infection Preventionist Job in San Antonio
The Infection Preventionist is responsible for monitoring and performance of infection surveillance, prevention, control, and reporting activities for assigned hospital facilities and outpatient services in the Infection Control and Prevention (ICP) Department at CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health System in accordance with applicable directives. Included in these independent functions are data collection, interpretation, evaluation and problem identification, coordination of analysis, decision making regarding priorities for intervention, implementation of corrective action, and evaluation and reporting of resolution. This also includes serving as primary resource person for patient care and related support areas to assist with evaluation and resolution of issues related to infection control and prevention. The Infection Preventionist is an active member of assigned Infection Control Committee(s) in addition to identified committees related to quality and safety (patient care, environment, healthcare workers, etc.) and maintains a current level of knowledge in infection prevention, control, surveillance, and reporting.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field is required.
- College level course (minimum 3 semester hours) or CEU approved program in Microbiology required.
- Minimum of three years experience required in a health care setting.
C. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications
- ASCP preferred for degree in Medical Technology, Clinical Lab Science, or Medical Lab Science.
- Board Certified in Infection Prevention and Control (CIC) is preferred.