Human Resources Specialist I - Onboarding Ambassador
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Westover H-31600
11212 State Highway 151
San Antonio, TX 78251
Share This Job On
Apply Now Human Resources Specialist I - Onboarding Ambassador Job in San Antonio
The Human Resources Specialist - Onboarding Ambassador provides a concierge-style level of support to Candidates and new Associates in multiple areas of Human Resources including Talent Acquisition/Onboarding, Talent Management, Total Rewards, and general HR questions/concerns. This role will have a high degree of focus on ensuring that incoming new Associates and recently onboarded Associates receive a high level of service related to Associate relations, payroll assistance, Associate satisfaction, IT systems, reward and recognition programs, as well as general questions related to the facility and organization. Works collaboratively with Associates, HR, and hospital leaders to provide effective solutions. Responds timely to the needs of new Associates and leaders. Uses knowledge of various human resources functions, including staffing, compensation, benefits, training, computer based tools/resources, and employee relations to provide tactical human resources support to new Associates. Consults with HR and management to identify improvments to onboarding of new Associates. Acts as a liaison to other human resources functions when necessary. Familiar with a variety of HR concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Human Resources or related field.
- Proficient knowledge of employment laws and regulations, including federal and state EEO/AA practices and regulations, Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), ADAAA, Joint Commission.
- Possess strong data analysis and data querying skills, with the strong ability to compile and analyze data from multiple sources. Excellent skills in Microsoft Office; intermediate to advanced skills in Excel required (such as ability to run pivot tables, perform v-lookups, and develop various spreadsheets, documents and forms). Knowledge of MS Access is preferred.
- Strong communication skills - the ability to summarize key points of detailed information both orally and in documents and presentations.
- Prior experience in the hospitality industry would be highly desirable.
- Previous experience in Human Resources or a related field is strongly preferred.
- Professional in Human Resources Certification (PHR®) and/or SHRM-CP or other National HR related certification is preferred.
Action-Oriented -- Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
Collaborate -- Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Customer Focus -- Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Nimble Learning -- Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
Demonstrates Self-Awareness -- Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
Communicates Effectively -- Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Decision Quality -- Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.