Hospitalist Operations Coordinator/Full-Time
CHRISTUS St. Vincent
1672 Hospital Dr
Santa Fe, NM 87505
USView On A Map View Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Hospitalist Operations Coordinator/Full-Time Job in Santa Fe
POSITION SUMMARY: The Hospitalist Operations Coordinator is responsible for the overall operations, performance and success of the group. This includes day-to-day operations of the department and works collaboratively with Medical Director, Administrative Director and with leadership, to develop, implement, and maintain programs that enhance stability and quality of care and achieve a high level of patient and provider satisfaction as well as meeting budgeted financial performance. As a member of the hospitalist team is responsible for delivery of CSV Core Processes designed to improve quality and efficiency in the care of hospitalized patients. The coordinator will work closely with the Hospitalist Medical Directors and the Administrative Director to engage and educate the physician team, ensure performance of CSV Core Processes and support the hospitalist practice. Assist hospitalists with the care of coordination of patients while there are in the hospital and with post discharge patient issues, questions and concerns. Manage provider's scheduling, time off and CME requests, recruitment, payroll, and student involvement. Manages personnel, prepares group budget, ensures data accuracy, prepares financial analyses, handles customer service issues and maintains provider/staff communications. Work closely with providers, other departments and clinic managers, and CSVCG leadership in establishing group operating policies and procedures. Assists in the development and implementation of CSVCG and CSV policies and procedures to ensure they are in compliance with State and Federal Regulations, TJC Standards, and the CSVCG and CSV mission statements. Maintain an effective ongoing training program for all staff.
The Hospitalist Operations Coordinator will participate in hospital committees and special projects and serve as a point of contact for hospital staff and hospitalist.
EDUCATION: Bachelor Degree preferred.
CERTIFICATION/LICENSES: If an RN, Current New Mexico RN license. Current Basic Life Support (BLS) issued through American Heart Association.
- Ability to proceed on own initiative using independent judgment and discretion
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, leadership and organizational skills, and interpersonal and time management skills
- Understanding of budgets and budget process including mathematical and accounting skills
- Ability to make sound financial decisions
- Ability to use a calculator
- Possess a working knowledge of common computer technology, including word processing, spreadsheet, database, and graphics software in order to prepare publications, reports, and business correspondence
- Knowledgeable in office management and administrative procedures
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with physicians, mid-level providers, and leadership
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, lead and direct the work of others, and perform a wide variety of tasks
- Wide degree of creativity, latitude and autonomy is expected
EXPERIENCE: Management experience in a hospital or clinical setting. Related experience will be considered. Experience using electronic medical systems, preferred.
NATURE OF SUPERVISION:
-Responsible to: CSVCG Director of the Hospital Based Services and Hospitalist Medical Director
-Responsible for: Secretary Hospitalist Department
ENVIRONMENT: Hospital setting
-Bloodborne pathogen: B
- Standing on feet for up to eight hours (w/breaks)
- Sitting at desk for up to eight hours (w/breaks)
- Working on computer for up to eight hours (w/breaks)
- Moving/lifting anything (up to 10 lbs).