Hospital Biller II
CHRISTUS System Office
2707 North Loop West
Houston, TX 77008
Share This Job On
Apply Now Hospital Biller II Job in Houston
The role of Hospital Biller is to provide accurate and timely billing services for CHRISTUS TLRA. This involves performing billing activities related to claim submissions and account insurance verification, and includes communication our hospital clients, corporate business office, and other external entities, while adhering to all client, state and federal guidelines. Also, knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid and Commercial regulations are a must, split billing and payer billing regulations is a must. The ability to work effectively with all types of people and resolve issues is critical. Patient and client satisfaction is essential. Associates in the billing units are expected to have knowledge of the overall payer regulations and work processes for the active AR unit as well as the Bad Debt unit.
- Provides effective billing services, ensuring the successful submission of claims are in accordance with client and state guidelines and TLRA's business objectives.
- Documents and updates patient account information in TLRA's collection software system timely and accurately.
- Handles patient accounts promptly and professionally, providing assistance and resolution to account inquiries, issues, and requests.
- Reviews account information for appropriate status in TLRA's collection system.
- Makes an accurate decision when a Selfpay account comes up with insurance; is it past timely, benefits are covered, etc.
- Uses billing tools effectively to ensure quality billing services and meet or exceed established goals and work standards.
- Performs research and analysis of account issues, and strives to resolve problems timely and accurately.
- Demonstrates effective team relations with other members.
- Promotes positive patient relations by communicating in a manner that demonstrates respect for the human dignity of patients and/or their families.
- Performs other special projects as required as assigned.
- High school diploma with a minimum of three year's experience performing claim submission functions either through the hospital system or clearinghouse, preferably in a healthcare or patient care environment.
- Be able to work in a high pace environment.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of healthcare billing and reimbursement practices required. Works under general supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required. Must be able to work in a team environment, prioritize and organize multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively interface with internal and external clients and customers at all levels.
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule to include evenings and weekends.
- PC skills in a Windows environment are required. It's essential to be able to work on 5 different hospital systems, 1 in-house system and many payer portals.
- Knowledge and utilization of desktop applications to include Word and Excel is essential.
- Professional appearance, excellent verbal communication and time management skills is a requirement.
- Ability to initiate and follow through on projects and work independently with minimal supervision.