HIM Tech III-Medical Records
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
CHRISTUS Childrens Hospital-30200
333 N Santa Rosa St
San Antonio, TX 78207
Share This Job On
Apply Now HIM Tech III-Medical Records Job in San Antonio
The HIM Tech III will be responsible for the following:
- Oversees chart completion, tracking incomplete and delinquent medical records.
- Will serve clinicians with notices of delinquent records and will coordinate letters of suspension and reinstatement with the Medical Staff Office.
- Analyzes records for completeness and electronically assigns deficiency tags to clinicians in the EMR.
- Will have basic understanding of federal, state and organizational regulations/policy that relate to the release of medical record information.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality in all matters pertaining to patients of CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health System.
- Ensures all records for the day's discharges or visit for day being analyzed are accounted for and follows-up with the respective departments if not received.
- Registers newborn babies into appropriate reporting systems and submits data to the state.
- Strives for 98% quality and completeness to ensure regulatory and organizational requirements are met.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Associates degree preferred
- Proficient clerical and computer skills
- Proficient knowledge of Medical Terminology
- Three years previous experience as an HIM Tech II or equivalent required
- Acute Care Hospital and Clinic Medical Record experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of Meditech and Horizon patient Folder (HPF) preferred, but not required.