HIM Coder II
CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances
CTMF Health System-38300
1315 Doctors Dr
Tyler, TX 75701
Share This Job On
Apply Now HIM Coder II Job in Tyler
Review clinical documentation and diagnostic results as appropriate to extract data and apply appropriate ICD-9-CM, and/ or ICD-10- CM for billing, internal and external reporting, research, and regulatory compliance while maintaining an accuracy rate at or above 96%. Under the direction of the RevenueCycle Manager, Outpatient Coders will accurately code conditions and procedures as documented in the CPT, HCPCS, ICD-9-CM and/ or ICD-10 CM Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting. Outpatient coders will accurately code outpatient medical records(for example, diagnostic, therapeutic, emergency department services, ambulatory surgery (same day surgery), and observation service encounters) conditions and procedures as documented in the CPT, HCPCS, ICD-9-CM and/ or ICD-10-CM Official Guidelines for Coding and ReportinOutpatient Coders will resolve error reports associated with billing process, identify and report error patterns, and, when necessary, assist in design and implementation of workflow changes to reduce billing errors. Work collaboratively with providers and staff to ensure the most accurate and complete documentation to support accurate coding/billing.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Preferred completion of Accredited Associate HIM Program, Accredited Baccalaureate or Master's Health Informatics/HIM Program Degree in Health Information Management or other allied health degree or an AHIMA approved Coding Certificate Program or successful Completion of Coder Certificate Program.
- Two (2) years' progressive on-the-job experience coding with ICD-9-CM and/or ICD-10-CM and CPT-4 coding in a hospital or outpatient setting.
- At least one of the following preferred certifications are required: RHIT (Registered Health Information Technician (AHIMA)), CCS (Certified Coding Specialist (AHIMA)) CPC-H (Certified Professional hospital outpatient facility (AAPC).
- Any of the following certifications may be accepted: RHIA Registered Health Information Administrator (AHIMA), CCA (Certified Coding Associate (AHIMA)).