Healthcare Interface Developer
CHRISTUS System Office
CHRISTUS Information Mgmt-79100
919 Hidden Ridge
Irving, TX 75038
Share This Job On
Apply Now Healthcare Interface Developer Job in Irving
The Healthcare Interface Developer IV is responsible for enterprise design, development and implementation of strategic architectures of healthcare interfaces at an enterprise level. This includes an understanding of methodology, design, specifications, programming, delivery, monitoring, and support standards. Involved in strategic planning activities and researches emerging Internet technology, programming languages and tools, and e-business standards for use in effective existing or new enterprise application/systems.
Lead strategic planning activities and researches emerging Internet technology, programming languages and tools, and e-business standards for use in effective enterprise application/systems. Individual will lead development teams or may lead cross-functional teams that deal with the full spectrum of information management technology. Leadership responsibilities may also include assisting the supervisor as a Team Lead and temporarily assuming the supervisor's duties in the case of that person's absence, and assisting in group and team direction and work assignments.
The Healthcare Interface Developer IIII is also responsible for supporting the business goals and objectives for the Department, the Information Management Organization, and the organization as a whole.
Individual must have an extensive knowledge with Healthcare Interface Engines, Web languages, scripting and web development. The Healthcare Interface Developer IV must have proven applied knowledge in a combination of two or more of the following areas: TCL, XML/DHTML/HTML, C#, Java, SOAP, REST, SQL, ESQL, X12, JSON, HL7/CCDA development, Healthcare Interface Engines, Q/A Testing, IBM DataPower Administration or Technical Project Leadership for development.
- Design & Development- Provides technical development leadership and implementation of design as it relates to the existing applications that correspond with the architecture strategies at an enterprise level.
- Strategy Execution -- Leads in the execution of CHRISTUS' overall information systems strategy as it pertains to their vision of the organization in both strategic and tactical plans. Involved in team adoption, execution and integration of strategy to achieve optimal and efficient deliver.
- System Engineering -- Leads the evaluation of proposed system acquisitions or solutions development and provides input to the decision-making process relative to compatibility, cost, resource requirements, operations, and maintenance.
- System Integration -- Leads integration of software components, subsystems, facilities and services into the existing technical systems environment; assesses impact on other systems, and works with cross functional teams within information management to ensure positive project impact. Installs, configures, and verifies the operation of software components.
- System Management -- Leads the development of standards, design and implementation of proactive processes to collect and report data and statistics on assigned systems.
- System Security -- Leads the research, design, development, and implementation of application, database, and interface security using technologies such as SSL, Public-Key encryption, and Certificates or other emerging security technologies.
- System Support -- Leads on call and after hours support coverage to maintain the production systems which the department supports.
- *Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or related field or equivalent experience (15 years) required. Masters degree preferred.
- *Enterprise Architecture Experience: Ability to understand and enforce enterprise architecture concepts
- *Departmental Technical Standards: Ability to create, document, and enforce departmental technical and process standards.
- *Database Experience: Ability to Read and Write complex SQL code
- *Database Experience: Prefered, Transact-SQL (MS SQL Server) and SSIS knowledge/expertise
- *Network Experience: Ability to use tcpdump, nc, netstat, etc.
- *Network Experience: Extensive knowledge with LAN's, WAN's, VPN's, and load balancing
- *Technical knowledge with Websphere MQ
- *Extensive technical knowledge of Enterprise Application/Web Design and Development of systems, databases, operating systems and Information Management.
- *Must be able to take on a lead role within a project and provide direction for Level I & Level II Healthcare Interface Developers.
- *Must have the communication skills and ability to develop and present solutions to all levels of management (including executive levels).
- *Must have demonstrated the ability to solve complex problems with minimal direction.
- *Must be able to interact effectively and patiently with customers especially while under pressure.
- *The ability to work on multiple projects/tasks simultaneously to meet project deadlines for self and others as required.
- *Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with other employees.
- *Thorough understanding of Interface Concepts (both end-user and data)
- *Ability to work with Managed File Transfer systems
- *Ability to complete Data GAP documentation and work with others to fill the GAPs
- *Ability to develop high level Integration designs/Solution Management
- *Ability to do Test Plan Management
- *Ability to do Quality Assurance
- *Demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively with both technical and business audiences.
- *Minimum of three (3) years experience with standard health care file formats (CCDA, HL7, etc.) required.
- *Minimum of three (3) years experience with programming and scripting required.
- *Minimum of three (3) years prior experience in a health care systems environment is required
- Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications:
- *HL7 Certification preffered
- *Related industry certification preferred