Health Equity Solutions Architect
CHRISTUS System Office
919 Hidden Ridge
Irving, TX 75038
Share This Job On
Apply Now Health Equity Solutions Architect Job in Irving
CHRISTUS Health is seeking a Health Equity Solutions Architect (HESA) with expertise in the public health, acute care and/or health insurance industry verticals to join our team. The Health Equity Solutions Architect will provide technology direction, ensure project implementation compliance, and utilize technology research to innovate, integrate, and manage solutions for our organization. The candidate must be a results-oriented person, self-directed motivated and possess excellent communication and analytical skills with the ability to build strong and dependable relationships. The Solutions Architect must be able to communicate effectively with both Business and Technical oriented partners at functional, operational, and executive levels.
The HESA will be well versed with server-side and community health organization technologies. Candidate should be able to articulate the solution and take ownership of the delivery. This is an excellent fit for a talented, innovative, and creative expert who thrives in a fast-paced environment and has a passion for improving patients' health and achieving health equity among vulnerable and marginalized populations. This person will have responsibility for improving operational capability and service delivery leveraging technology solutions. This role will also provide technical leadership in developing future state solutions in an evolving environment that can accommodate new technologies and explore and exploit innovative initiatives that support the CHRISTUS Health Equity vision.
- Manage technical implementation team including ownership of project health and management of risks, issues, delivery and project/tasks completion
- Develop and execute project work plan according to project scope, deadlines, client needs, and resource availability.
- Oversee and Monitor project team activities and drive resolution of delays or technical issues
- Ensure team and resources (BA/Dev/QA/Arch/DBA etc) are committed and accountable. Work with resource managers and PMO as needed for resource or change management needs
- Manage internal status meetings, gathering/understanding customer requests with the director from internal teams or community partners.
- Provide timely and effective scorecard RYG and issue status reporting into Centers of Excellence (COE) and Information Management (IM) teams.
- Manage key stakeholders expectations by defining and gaining congruence on scope and role responsibilities.
- Serve as a liaison between IM, Health Equity, Population Health, vendors, and community partners, in varied capacities, such as a coach, trainer, and evaluator/assessor to remove barriers and provide solutions for integration.
- Understands the triple constraint of scope/schedule/cost and can drive the scope change business need and priority discussions with IM and community partners, as needed
- Ensure consistent and seamless project delivery and status/impacts with all key stakeholders.
- Define the governance and support strategy between Health Equity, IM & EA governance
- Collaborate with the Center of Excellence (COE) team in defining needs and managing future state roadmaps.
- Scope out projects and programs to solution recommendations for the enterprise in multi-phase and multi-year terms incorporating readiness assessment analysis into the solution.
- Establishes models, policies, matrices, and structures business needs to technical terminology/semantics partnering with the COE and interoperability team to integrate with existing and future-state CHRISTUS Health IM infrastructure.
- Identify software and hardware infrastructure requirements needed to support organizational health equity priorities. This effort is inclusive of both internal and external community-based solutions.
- Development and execution of detailed pre-implementation and implementation work plans and provides a single point of contact for internal staff and Health Equity team.
- Pre-implementation analysis and process re-design affecting the business and care processes to support organizational operations, and for measuring the effectiveness of, and recommending post-implementation strategies for enhancing the usefulness of all assigned computer system application programs, technologies, and systems required to support the needs of the organization.
- Communicates tough issues to stakeholders and keeps an independent opinion
- Conduct presentations and meetings consisting of community partners, IM, vendors, and Health Equity team
- Works cross-functionally at all staff levels within IM and within the team by directing project implementation
- Responsible for the development and delivery of detailed work plans and reports submitted to the senior management team
- Multi-task and manage any necessary project related escalations to meet timeline requirements and department expectations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in a related field strongly preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Project or Smartsheet and/or very strong project management skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, required
- Advanced knowledge of SQL Server, required
- Advanced knowledge of MicroStrategy, strongly preferred
- Advanced knowledge of EPIC and Meditech, strongly preferred
- Clear and complete understanding of the difference and delineation between architecture and high-level design is required.
- Strong diagram modeling of systems experience, (i.e., Unified Modeling Language, SEBoK, etc).
- Proven project experience and ability to lead a group through an architectural development process and collaborate with application development teams, architects, business and other project constituents.
- Strong coordination and communication of the progress and results of engagements via written reports and oral presentations to management and key stakeholders.
- Ability to discover and define functional requirements and to transform them into technical requirements and architecture definition.
- Strong business and technology decision-making skills are required.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and strong leadership skills to effectively influence decisions and positively impact progress are required.
- Experience with Agile Methodology including Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) is desired. Healthcare/Insurance Industry Specific Skillset
- Experience in solution patterns based on domain models for both real-time and batch integration.
- Strong knowledge of HIPAA and PII/PHI and corresponding security measures needed for the same in the solution design.
- Knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid compliance for all CMS government-sponsored health plans.
- Knowledge of various healthcare industry segments.
- 10+ years of previous experience managing people and technical projects of large to high-profile scope and complexity.
- 7+ years' experience working with EMRs in the hospital, clinic and physician practice setting, assessing data needs for interoperability, designing solutions, and managing the delivery of solutions working across multiple internal teams and external technical teams.
- Broad technical and extensive architecture knowledge based on experience and IT expert training education
- Experience with creating very detailed and clear documentation of processes, actions steps, business and technical requirements needed to support large-scale implementation.
- Exceptional aptitude to combine different enterprise architecture viewpoints (business, information and technical), to render an optimal architecture solution.
- Proven track record in delivering conceptual target state solution architectures in both data centers and cloud environments.
- Proven experience in IT architecture including lead design duties with a thorough understanding of application architectural componentization.
- Ability to demonstrate a deep knowledge of architecture principles and describe the employment of those on several projects. (i.e., TOGAF, SOA, MS)
- * Experience with integration tools such as IBM Integration Bus, Cloverleaf, SQL Server Data Tools.
- Demonstrated architecture experience producing end-to-end solution models rapidly with a focus on non-functional requirements.
- Architecture experience required must include System Integration and platform integration.
- Must have prior experience in a technical leadership role.
- Health care data analysis, development, and maintenance of data systems/methods/designs, and programming to drive visualizations and industry best practice reporting (MicroStrategy, SQL,), or statistical analysis.
- Minimum of 5 years detailed analytics experience with patient quality data
- Experience in measurement and evaluation
- Working with Big Data and/or data systems; predictive modeling for risk behaviors in healthcare; geospatial analysis; data collection methods and data quality management techniques; database management concepts and requirements gathering, and data presentation or informatics.
- Understanding of health care regulations, and quality reporting (i.e., Joint Commission, National Committee for Quality Assurance, CMS, etc.)
- Managing cross-functional teams to achieve goals on or ahead of schedule.
- Strong knowledge of population health segmentation, predictive analytics, exploratory data analysis, data mining, (tagging implementation and data extraction) and marketing models such as profit, response models
- Knowledge and understanding of database management, Big data tools
- Experience with translating business requirements and technical requirements
- Expert knowledge of automated systems in a production/operations environment
- Excellent time-management skills and organizational agility, including the ability to effectively balance multiple deliverables, cross-functional partners and priorities under tight timelines
- Strong hands-on experience with extracting multiple data-sets, writing complex SQL queries & building Excel tables
- Ability to conduct detailed root-cause analyses, integrate multiple data sets, generate insights and provide innovative business solutions
- Experience working in agile teams
- PMI Certification preferred.
- Agile certification preferred.