Epic Security Analyst
CHRISTUS System Office
10002 Rogers Run
San Antonio, TX 78251
Share This Job On
Apply Now Epic Security Analyst Job in San Antonio
The Identity Security Analyst must understand Epic's security infrastructure and possess in-depth knowledge of user provisioning techniques. This candidate will function as part of a team in all phases of day-to-day operations and new implementations of the Epic electronic medical record system.MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as a security coordination between Epic applications (facilitate meetings; develop implementation timelines and strategies related to identity and access security).
- Support the cross-application security workgroup, providing oversight for related processes including daily management of security master files.
- Make recommendations on processes regarding access control, user authorization tables, change control, business continuity planning/disaster recovery, transmission methods, maintenance testing, training requirements, auditing, monitoring, and mobile access.
- Runs user reports necessary for maintaining accurate user information, such as inactive accounts, failed logins and ad-hoc reports by request.
- Conduct ongoing review of audit and event logs pertaining to user access, administrative activities and contextual use of patient data both pro-actively and in response to investigation.
- BA or BS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of Healthcare experience
- Minimum of 2 years working as an Epic Application or Security Analyst/Coordinator
- Understand of the foundational structures of Epic software, including profiles, roles, menus and security classes.
- Knowledge of government regulations and industry standards for information security related to HIPAA and PCI-DDS
- Broad technical knowledge and experience to include one or more of the following areas: information security, identity management, application system administration; application system development, or information systems audit.