24 Hour Shifts
EMT- CHRISTUS EMS
Nursing & Nursing Support
2201 S Mobberly Ave
Longview, TX 75602
Share This Job On
Apply Now EMT- CHRISTUS EMS Job in Longview
The EMT-B is responsible for administering appropriate emergency medical treatment to people who have been injured in accidents or have other medical conditions, and assists in rendering advanced emergency medical treatment. Ability to operate an advanced life support ambulance to administer care. Routinely assists with the inspection of the ambulance and related equipment to ensure proper operation and sanitary cleanliness.
Responds to the site of life-threatening situations, emergency medical situations and non-emergency calls.
* Assists in coordinating response activities with physicians to develop a plan of care based upon the assessment of the patient.
* Assists in leading a team of responders by coordinating activities to conduct triage, develop treatment plans, administer medical care and prepare patient for transport to medical facility.
* Insures the proper functioning of all emergency medical equipment and vehicles through regular checks; makes sure there is an adequate inventory supply maintained aboard emergency vehicles through regular checks.
* Responds to multiple casualty incidents and disasters and assists in providing appropriate medical oversight, triage, care, and transport in coordination with other responders.
* Participates in periodic in-service training, or on an as needed basis, for any certified and non-certified updates relating to Emergency Medical Services and federal, State, and local EMT-B requirements.
* Operates and utilizes an ambulance and related medical care response equipment and tools needed in response situations.
Education and Experience-
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred; and completion of approved EMT-Basic training.
Current certification from the Texas as an EMT-B. Current Class "C" Driver's license from the State of Texas. Must possess and keep a current Texas EMT"B license, Class C Texas Driver's license, and CPR certification.