Emergency Dept. Technician - Pedi Westover (Nights: 7 p.m. - 7 a.m.)
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
Nursing & Nursing Support
CHRISTUS Childrens Hospital-30200
11130 CHRISTUS Hills
San Antonio, TX 78251
Share This Job On
Apply Now Emergency Dept. Technician - Pedi Westover (Nights: 7 p.m. - 7 a.m.) Job in San Antonio
The Emergency Room Technician works with the RN's in the Emergency Room to provide care to patients. They have special skills beyond those of a Patient Care Assistant for example, they can perform venipuncture, dress wounds, removal staples and sutures, and measure peak expiratory flow rate.
The Children's Hospital of San Antonio Emergency Center
11130 CHRISTUS Hills | Medical Plaza 3, First Floor
San Antonio, Texas 78251
- A High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Completion of one of the following educational programs is required:
- a) Successful completion of a Nursing Assistant program OR
- b) Successful completion of a Medical Assistant program OR
- c) Successful completion of a Basic EMT program (Intermediate EMT or Paramedic preferred).
- One (1) year of patient care experience in an acute care hospital or EMT field/Emergency Care Setting required.
- Current CPR certification required.
- If certified as Nursing Assistant, Associate must maintain current certification.
- If certified as a Medical Assistant, maintaining current certification is preferred.
- If certified as an EMT, maintaining current certification is preferred.