7AM - 7PM
Emergency Department Technician - Emergency Room - PRN
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Kleberg
Share This Job On
Emergency Department Technician - Emergency Room - PRN Job in Kingsville
The Emergency Department Technician requires the skills and knowledge of many areas such as: ED Tech, Patient Registrar, Unit Clerk, and Monitor Tech. The Emergency Department Tech performs a variety of RN delegated tasks under the supervision of a registered nurse. He/she assists the nursing staff in providing patient care in accordance with training, competence and skill. He/she is knowledgeable of and follows all hospital policies and procedures. Consistently assists the patient care team with maintaining a clean, well-organized, adequately stocked and safe patient environment.
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Kleberg is a premier medical facility found in a town known for its ranching history and rich in Texas culture in Kingsville, Texas. Licensed for 100 beds, the hospital is a Level IV Trauma Center general acute care facility offering complete Medical and Surgical Services including Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Skilled Nursing, as well as, Emergency, Intensive Care, Cardiac and Comprehensive Diagnostic Services serving the resident of Kleberg, Brooks, Kennedy and southern Nueces counties.
CHRISTUS Spohn Kleberg Plaza houses the hospital’s birthing services with modern, state-of-the-art labor/delivery/recovery/postpartum rooms (LDRPs,) a nursery, the Cissy Horlock Taub Women’s Center (a diagnostic and education/resource center) and physician office suites. Outpatient rehabilitation services including occupational, and speech therapy, wound care, physical and aquatic therapy are offered at two convenient locations in Kingsville.
At CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Kleberg, we respect what each individual brings to our faith-based mission of healing, and to our commitment to provide the very finest health care. Your background, your skills and your personality are welcome here. We have a supportive environment where quality of work and quality of life are in balance.
- A High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Completion of one of the following educational programs is required:
- Successful completion of a Nursing Assistant program OR
- Successful completion of a Medical Assistant program OR
- Successful completion of a Basic EMT program, Intermediate EMT OR
- Successful completion of a PT Care Tech program OR
- Successful completion of military basic combat training and Advanced Individual Training for military medics.
- CHRISTUS Emergency Technician previous experience
- Successful completion of EKG course is required within 90 days of hire.
- Minimum of 1 year, 2 years preferred of patient care experience in an emergency department, EMT field/Emergency Care, or military medic setting required.
- Current BLS certification (American Heart Association) required.
- De-escalation training required within 90 days of hire/transfer date
- Certified Nursing Assistant, Certified Medical Assistant, or Certified Patient Care Tech
- EMT certification required upon hire; maintaining current certification is preferred.
Per Diem as Needed