EEG Technician Certified-Neurophysiology
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
Nursing & Nursing Support
CHRISTUS Childrens Hospital-30200
333 N Santa Rosa St
San Antonio, TX 78207
Share This Job On
Apply Now EEG Technician Certified-Neurophysiology Job in San Antonio
This position is responsible for performing standard and complex electroencephalographs, EEG long term video, 12 and 15 lead EKG's, holter monitor hookup, cardiac event monitor hookup, and cardiac exercise treadmill testing in the pediatric setting ranging from newborn to young adults. Must be skilled in working with pediatric patients with a wide varity of complex medical and psychosocial conditions. Must have patience and compassion to work with patients who may be ill or frightened. Must be technology-minded, detail-oriented and able to follow precise directions.
- High school graduate or equivalent is required.
- Completion of Medical Assistant Program or one year of career oriented college credits (24 credit hours) is preferred
- 2-3 years experience in performing pediatric and adult EKG or EEG in a non-invasive Cardiology / Neuro-diagnostic clinical setting is required.
- 1 year experience in pediatric and adult Stress testing, holter monitor hook-up and holter scanning is preferred.
C. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications
- BLS is required.
- Must have certification in EKG and EEG within 1 year of hire.