The Director, Strategy Management, plays a critical role in the implementation and oversight of strategic planning throughout the CHRISTUS Health organization including corporate, regional and hospital business units. This individual will be responsible for ensuring company-wide alignment around the Strategy Management System (SMS) which includes a clearly defined strategic planning process and balanced scorecard of outcome measures. S/he, will ensure a consistent and disciplined implementation of this process by facilitating strategy management workshops and meetings, providing on-going project management support, and enabling our business units with the necessary support, analytics and tools to successfully utilize the SMS process. A core component of this role will also be to assist in the development of service line strategic plans.
- Proactively supports the mission and vision of CHRISTUS Health. Demonstrates and expects others to demonstrate personal and professional behaviors consistent with CHRISTUS Health's mission, vision and core values.
- Dispenses advice, and guidance in the development and execution of major plans and procedures, consistent with the established policies of CHRISTUS Health.
- Serves as a resource to system and regional leadership on as-needed basis.
- Supports CHRISTUS Health by assuming whatever other responsibilities that are mutually agreed upon to ensure the effective functioning of the CHRISTUS Health mission.
- Develops and manages process for annual SMS refresh of corporate and regional strategic plans. In coordination with regional leadership, tests the relevance of their strategic plan and make adjustments to the strategic plan as necessary.
- Coordinates with regional and system leadership to ensure major strategic projects or initiatives align with regional and system directions.
- Leads and organizes the Strategy Leadership Council that is responsible for connecting key strategy leaders from across the system and regions for planning, best practice sharing, communication and alignment.
Service Line Planning
- Responsible for managing the development of service line specific plans at the hospital and region level. This includes facilitation of plan development (market analytics, stakeholder interviews, assessment of opportunities, business case development) and monitoring of performance against plan.
- Assists in the coordination and oversight of system Service Line Committees.
Strategic Enterprise Risk Process
- Develops and monitors routine scorecard report of risk status for major CHRISTUS strategies.
- Monitors action plans and remedies for mitigating failed or at-risk strategies.
- Communicates areas of opportunity as well as trouble spots requiring additional attention and resources to the EC and appropriate stakeholders.
- Responsible for managing strategic initiatives for assigned business units, ensuring compliance with the process, monitoring balanced scorecard inputs and regularly communicating outcomes to system leadership.
- Coordinates and manages strategy review meetings with leadership to ensure that they have the resources and support to fully implement SMS.
- Regularly monitors balanced scorecard information; reviews input for accuracy, completeness and consistency.
- Works with local leadership team to identify performance or growth opportunities and recommends changes to initiatives and/or measures as appropriate
- Regularly communicates status of SMS process and outcomes to System leadership
- Provides technical and research support for development of market research and analyses to include the following, comprehensive market analyses, targeted service line strategies, competitor analyses, etc.
- Develops ongoing assessments and analysis of regional and hospital to monitor performance in relation to competitors, industry benchmarks, system goals, etc.
- Maintains and utilizes a vast array of information resources to include financial and operating performance, market share, utilization, strategy, affiliation, physician relationships, etc.
Special Project Support
- Provides customized meeting facilitation and strategic planning support for regional and system special projects
- Develops comprehensive and customized analyses of strategic and/or competitive dynamics for special projects