Apply Now Director Regulatory Compliance - Quality Assurance Job in Corpus Christi
Provides administrative leadership and oversight of Regulatory Compliance within CHRISTUS Spohn Health System.
Plans, directs, and enforces the corporate compliance program. Develops, implements, and monitors policies and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and accreditation standards, which may include Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement, JCAHO, NCQA, HIPAA, EEO, ADA, OSHA, TBOR II, etc. Consults with executives, corporate legal counsel, risk management, and/or operations managers on compliance issues. Develops written policies and procedures that establish standards for compliance, coordinates the development of education and training programs relating to compliance issues, and investigates reports of alleged violations of the organization’s compliance policies.
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline overlooking Corpus Christi Bay is the largest and foremost acute care medical facility in the region, with a full range of diagnostic and surgical specialty services in cardiac, cancer and stroke care. It is the leading emergency facility in the area and the only Level II Trauma Center in the Coastal Bend, staffed with physicians and nurses specially trained in emergency services.
- The Pavilion and the Critical Care Center house a state-of-the-art Emergency Department, ICU, Cardiac Cath Lab and surgical suites.
- A teaching facility, in affiliation with the Texas A&M University System Health Science Center College of Medicine
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Accredited Joint Commission Stroke Team
The Shoreline campus is a premiere facility housing many of the region’s most vital and renowned programs such as a Primary Stroke Center, nationally accredited Cancer Center and a nationally recognized Chest Pain Center. The Pavilion at CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline houses the CHRISTUS Spohn Heart Network, which was recently recognized as one of the top 100 cardiovascular hospitals in the United States. The Heart Institute offers the most advanced diagnostic, surgical and rehabilitative cardiac services in one convenient location.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, Healthcare Administration or related field.
- Minimum 3 years in Quality Management or JCAHO survey readiness. Experience with computer based tools such as E-mail (Outlook), Excel, Word, Access.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, schedule, develop task/time lines.
- Demonstrated ability to read and comprehend complex standards and regulations
- Demonstrated ability to lead work groups, communicate orally in small and large groups and in written formats.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and define processes and projects to achieve identified goals within specified timelines.
- Demonstrated ability to manage records, files, documentation both hard and electronic.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to understand hospital and health system organizations and operations.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve continuous survey readiness.
- Demonstrated ability to integrate and interpret data from diverse sources addressing issues of high complexity.
- Demonstrated ability to develop working relationships with customers (i.e. associates, directors, vice presidents, physicians)
- Current Texas RN License